by shaunikwadhawan » Wed, 04 Jan 2017 8:56 pm
Happy New Year 2017 !!
I have been offered a role of service delivery manager in Singapore through a recruiting agency. They are offering around $5500/month.
I had a couple of questions:
- Is $5500 enough for a comfortable lifestyle : When I say comfortable I mean a good 1/2 BHK for rent, occasional dinners, pubs,bars (maybe 2-3 in a month). I do not plan to own a car. I am comfortable cooking at home. Groceries, utilities, internet?
- I have heard it is not worth to ship your furniture, A/V equipment as shipping charges are a lot. Considering I save some every month can buy the same from Singapore.
- They are offering $1000 as medical expenses
- The contract is for 12 months which will be extended or a permanent role will be offered based on my performance.
- Will be alone initially but if things move in the right direction my better half will join. She is qualified and has some friends in Singapore who will help her with the job.
How much can I save per month aside from rent, utilities and food?
Your help will be highly appreciated.
Editor’s note: This article is extracted from a thread posted in singaporeexpats.Number of View: 252