I’ve decided to email you since I’m really desperate and has no one to turn to.
I’m 27 years old this year and recently got a permanent job through a Recruitment Agency. When I took on this job, the agency actually let me signed an agreement stating I must stay for at least one month on the job, and if I do not stick to the agreement, I would have to compensate one month of my salary.
But after commencing the job, the environment is totally different from what I’ve expected it to be.
I’m the only local in my team and the rest are all foreigners who don’t really speak English well.
Daily communication is a huge challenge, cause 95% of the time, I do not know what they are saying, and neither do they know what my question is.
And work itself requires some basic foreign language, which I did clarified during the interview itself, if there is any need to know the language and the answer was no. But i understand that the previous employee who was in my position do have knowledge of the language.
There are locals in the Company but they are all in other department who have no knowledge of the work I’m supposed to do.
Ever since starting in this job, I’ve been suffering from insomnia and my asthma has been acting up lately. So I’ve decided to talk to the Company to see if they would release me because their contract actually states that I do not have to tender any notice if I’m leaving during my probation and I’m currently 2 weeks into my job.
And they have agreed to this.
After which, I’ve called the agency to check if there’s any way to waive the one month’s compensation since the Company has already agreed to let me go. But the Agency said there’s no way they can do so.
So I’ve went back to my boss and told him I can stay till end of August so he could inform the Agency by then and there would be sufficient time to find a replacement for my position.
But he told me he has informed the Agency of my intention to leave and now the Agency may demand compensation from me.
I’m currently at my wits end now, and coming from a low-income family, I don’t really have the means to pay them the one month worth of salary of compensation.
I’ve already told them I would stay till end of Aug while they get a replacement but now the Company and the Agent are bent on getting the compensation from me and it does not seem like they are willing to compromise.
Is there any way I could not pay the compensation? Please Gilbert I really appreciate any form of help or advice from you! And do feel free to let me know if you need any more information!
Thanks loads and I really look forward to hearing back from you!
TinaNumber of View: 2185