Support Site for The Unemployed & Underemployed
Saturday January 13th 2018

Jobless PMET forced to resign as asst property manager at town council

Dear Gilbert,

I was a property agent for the past 3 years, prior to that I was a Tenancy Manager with a well-known relocation company.

I only have a diploma in computer studies with Informatics.

I was lucky enough to find jobs which I loved (real estate) – without relevant qualifications.

Recently, I started work as an Assistant Property Manager with a town council, the MD was a very nice man who told me  skills-set can be learned and picked up along the way and that attitude is of utmost importance.

Unfortunately, I was attached to a senior manager to  learn the protocols and procedures and he told me that I was not suitable for the job only after 3 weeks with him – shockingly he asked me to resign own my own.

He called the shots at this town council, without informing the MD and asked me to tender myself.

Ok I accepted the fate.

Now I have a another issue while out  looking for another job – I was convicted of abetting my friend to misuse of computer and was fined $5000 in April 2014.

That was a busybody mistake I made back in 2010. I know its so hard for a convicted person to find another job.

May  know Mr Gilbert, do you have any suitable property-related job to recommend me?

Appreciate your help.



Editor’s note: We will be getting in touch with the writer soon to discuss more on his career options.  We will extend our coaching  services to him if necessary.

Number of View: 3078

Reader Feedback

3 Responses to “Jobless PMET forced to resign as asst property manager at town council”

  1. sal says:

    This is call bully at workplace, you should report the matter to the MD. Without proper qualifications papers , Singapore is not a good place to find a job, that’s why some FWs willing to buy their qualification to come n work in Spore.

    • caramello says:

      @Sal, from my experience, i have ever seen supervisor who possess only O level qualification and they can stay at a MNC for 18 yrs and control people who are diploma and degree holders.

      I feel that if you do not possess proper paper qualification then it must mean that you have stayed with the company for a very long period of time and that the company values your contribution.

      But of course given a choice, I do not think anybody would want to work under someone without proper paper qualifications unless their very highly paid.

  2. sal says:

    @Caramello, that was 18 years ago…where diploma n degree holders are not many. And this supervisor have the experience to do his job. Its different situation now, people have paper qualifications but no experiences….paper qualifications + experiences = skills.

Leave a Reply