Tuesday June 27th 2017

Please love us Mr Prime Minister, we are your children

Dear Mr Prime  Minister  Lee Hsien Loong,

I refer to your declaration at the Indian new year festival celebrated over last weekend and reported via zeenews that “”Singaporeans, new arrivals, people who are on permanent residence here, people who are on employment pass here, all participating in one big Singapore family… So that we feel that this is a place which is special, which belongs to all of us and where we all celebrate one another’s festivals and happy events together.”

Many Singaporeans are displeased by your current pro-foreigner stance and likely will feel threatened that you are siding with the 2 million foreigners residing here than your own people.

Its akin to having a father who suddenly opens up his home to other strangers living together and treat them the same as his own children.

Singapore must be for Singaporeans only and many of us don’t want to share our country with others as its our birth right. We welcome foreigners to work in our midst but disagreed that many of them are able to convert to be citizens so easily.

There’s this speculation that you are quickly converting many foreigners into new citizens for their loyal votes and unless you step in to stem the rumour, your intention is sinister and self-centred.

Singaporeans have all along live in harmony with our fellow foreigners – we have welcome hundreds of thousands of domestic workers caring for our household so that we can work in peace, constructions workers are also appreciated for  their hard laborious work so that we can live in modern gleaning HDB housing and expats are ushered in to bring along their special skills with them so that we can have a top-notch economy that we can be proud of.

Moreever, your previous chastisement of Singaporeans protesting against the Philippines Independence Celebration (PIC) at Orchard Road made us wondered where your loyalty lies?

Your words of “thugs” and “disgraceful” hurt alot and many Singaporeans feel embarassed and sidelined by a leader that they have voted in.

As the leader of our country, its not only morally wrong but ethically incorrect to scold your own people for voicing out against a deeply-serious issue of sovereignty as thousands of foreigners from another land is waving their flag and celebrating their independence day in full public view at down Orchard.

How do you think Filipinos will react if we  celebrate our national day in Manila shopping belt or even Beijing’s Tianamen Square, they will come running after us with their parang and there will be a riot!

Singaporeans by and large are law-abiding people who want to just make a honest living and try to live life simply.

However, if our sovereignty is tested and more so allowed by our own state chosen leader, we will defend our country even with our own lives if necessary.

Trust is lost when many people could not accept the huge influx of foreigners in our midst without a proper referendum.

Mr Prime Minister, the country is not dictated by one man alone and do consider how Singaporeans will feel when making decision for the country.

There is already a online poll currently going around now asking for your resignation.

I also apologised for asking protestors to deface your photo at our last labour day protest.

Such is the hatred we have for you – not because we don’t like you but more for the many pro-foreigner statements you have issued lately.

We are more hurt than angry actually as how can our own father betrayed us this way? Are we not good enough to be your children?

Please love us Mr Prime Minister, we are like little children yearning for the attention of their own father.

Many of us felt that you have neglected us and going after your new idols – the well-heeled foreigners who are more educated and affluent.

We all felt left out and even threatened by your deliberate insensitive slighting.

We also want back our old Singapore – a country that we used to be proud of but now no longer…

Yours sincerely,

Gilbert

Dear Gilbert,

First of all, I have to thank you for setting up this website that gives hope in life.

The staff at the company I’m working at informed me via a teleconference that I am to be immediately terminated.

I was given two letters. One, my resignation letter and the other, a termination letter.

The reason was spelled out as follow:

1) I am not fit to be a finance manager and I have not fulfilled my duty.  I have not given sufficient information to my immediate superior for decision making in business.

2) I am not respectable enough to be the leader of Southeast Asia (Company director)

They are offering me a 3-month ex gratia. And I am required to sign the letter immediately.

They are also giving me garden leave until 30/4.

I refused to sign it and am requesting to seek for other advice.

They have locked my computer password on Monday afternoon.

They are basically making me feel redundant.

I have joined this company as part-time accountant for the past few years.

I became one of the official staff  as an associate finance manager later.

I was promoted as a finance manager just few years back.

I worked long hours every day (at least 12 hours), assuming  the role of one-man show since the day I joined the Company and has worked beyond my scope.

I only have one new staff reporting to me.

I am asking for one-year salary compensation for my past three years of long working hours for the company.

I am seeking your advice on this matter.

Can the company simply hand me a letter to fire me?

There is no clear reason why I’m fired.

1) There is no prior information notice about me not meeting my expectations.

2) There is no discipline meeting session prior their decision, which other employees experienced before in our Company.

My position is a finance manager and my monthly salary is SGD $6,000.

I look forward to hearing your your advice and the opportunity to meet you face-to-face.

I would like to know whether I am in the right position to claim and protest.

I am feeling very negative and depressed.

I would like to solve this matter as soon as possible.

Alan

Editor’s note: We are trying to assist Alan to the best of our abilities. Note  that MOM could not help on such matter of unfair dismissal and many PMETs are advised to seek their own legal support.

- See more at: http://www.transitioning.org/2014/05/06/finance-manager-earning-6000month-facing-unfair-dismissal-and-feeling-lost/#sthash.0aBQAXSv.dpuf

13 Responses to “Please love us Mr Prime Minister, we are your children”

You are the voters, you’ve every right to vote the person to represent you in the Parliament whether through GRC or SMC. Hope future party that gov the city will make it a better place for every Sporeans….Majulah Spura!

• darrine 高文慧 is LITERALLY PROFESSOR 鄭尊行's TEACHER'S PET says:

Hello,

If so inclined, you may like to do an internet search with these terms:

” alvin 陳傑毅 vivian 李美玲 “.

Next, perform an online query with these terms:

” good baggage pests milked kindness wayang routine suck best world tarnish money leeches topple ship “.

I am sure that will also satiate alvin 陈杰毅 as well as his compatriot trollop vivian 李美玲 in more ways than one along with the national u-never-study of stinkapore (nus).

Best,
      darrine 高文慧 is LITERALLY PROFESSOR 郑尊行’s TEACHER’S PET

2. Manila Boy says:

“How do you think Filipinos will react if we celebrate our national day in Manila shopping belt.”

If Singaporeans do that anywhere in Manila, Filipinos will only be happy to join their celebrations. Why don’t you come over and see for yourself?

3. Jafri Basron says:

It’s totally unbecoming for a Prime Minister of the country to belittle the feeling of the citizens that voted him into power. The policy of “openness” and “goodwill” towards the foreigners in Singapore should not be overdone and at the expense of the citizens.
    The spirit of nationalism must be maintained and upheld.

• Youtube user/jemdude22 (jeremy lin) is a MALE singaporean who, like fellow MALE compatriot larry medina, will be subjected to as much conscription and lifelong reservist liability as MALE compatriot robert viswanathan chandran says:

To Jafri Basron:

If you like, you may like to perform an online query with these terms:

1) ” races dominated dominant race Temasek 畜牲 731 实验 “.

2) ” sewage madhupati singhania $435,000 yacht comforts ”

I am sure that will satiate everybody’s honour.

All best,
      ‘Youtube user/jemdude22 (jeremy lin) is a MALE singaporean who, like fellow MALE compatriot larry medina, will be subjected to as much conscription and lifelong reservist liability as MALE compatriot robert viswanathan chandran’

4. G Raymond says:

From wishing to deface his photo to suddenly seeking his ‘father-like’attention?

Don’t make me puke! even if you are sick.

5. Sian says:

This site is getting too political, even if Mr Gilbert Goh is affiliated with NSP. It should be a site for unemployment self-help and counselling assistance. Are we using this site for political means? Are we using the many posts by genuine unemployed sufferers as leverage for political gains?

• 胡文斌 says:

The best thing about Singapore’s Foreign Talent Scheme is that Singaporeans who SUCCEED in say, getting a place in the local universities can always feel MUCH MORE SUPERIOR to their compatriots who DO NOT, even if they qualify.

Being as well as graduating from a Singaporean university is sufficient to put anybody, no matter what their nationality or GENDER, on a pedestal.

oh poon ping (“paul”)

Why don’t the Pinoys celebrate their Independent Day at Spore Expo? A lot of carparks, public transport and convenient place for them. Its a well known place to International visitors and well known place to Sporeans who want to join them.

7. Terry says:

Foreign Workers is required in Singapore because we lack the manpower to totally fill the shortfall.
    Foreign Talent is the problem, they take up positions in the mid to upper management leaving a large void where Singaporeans cannot fill because they will not have the experience of working in those positions. Then we come back to the same argument that Singaporeans are not experienced enough to fill those positions. WHEN WILL WE EVER BE READY, IF THOSE POSITIONS ARE NEVER OFFERED TO US?

8. Raymond says:

Terry is right. We need to draw a distinction between foreign workers and the so called “foreign talent”. For example, the guy you see sweeping downstairs at your HDB block, can we seriously find locals to do that sort of job? We should focus our attention at those occupying the professional positions. But again seriously, can we even tell MNCs who they should hire? These are mulitnationals, they can hire whoever they want. This is what happens when the eonomy is sp heavily dependent on MNCs for employment and GDP growth.

• olivier desbarres is Wimborne Road, Katong's most (in)famous and scurrilous cancan dancer says:

@Raymond:

If so inclined, you may like to perform an online queries with these terms:

1) ” eduardo luiz p. saverin Bentley egmar gonçalves MALE compatriot “.

2) ” S$240 S$320 S$403 ஜனில் புதுச்சேரி city not country காசிவிஸ்வநாதன் கே சண்முகம் “.

Best,
      “olivier desbarres is Wimborne Road, Katong’s most (in)famous and scurrilous cancan dancer”

P.S. Once more, the internet search terms are:

i) ” eduardo luiz p. saverin Bentley egmar gonçalves MALE compatriot “.

ii) ” S$240 S$320 S$403 ஜனில் புதுச்சேரி city not country காசிவிஸ்வநாதன் கே சண்முகம் professionalism “.

9. eugene nirvan anthony ("nirvan44" on "The Economist") TALKS UP Singapore but TELLS OFF A MALE SINGAPOREAN CITIZEN says:

@Raymond:

Typo in the second point above: “professionalism”.

It is sure interesting on the train of thoughts that drives one to comment.