When one finds it hard to get a job or a satisfied job, it could be due to many reasons:
1) You might have enough experience and knowledge but some employers prefer to hire those fresh and cheap, so what can you do?
2) You might be fresh and cheap but the employers wanted someone with enough experience and knowledge. They don’t want to invest time energy and time to train you.
3) You might have enough experience and knowledge but you don’t have a degree. Many MNCs and even some SMEs require the applicants to be a degree holder. No degree no talk.
4) Yes, you have many WSQ cert and you have a degree or maybe even a MBA or PhD but sorry, the employers want someone with enough experience and knowledge.
5) You have enough experience and knowledge but sorry, the employers feel that your expected salary is too high. They are looking for someone with enough experience and knowledge but much cheaper than you.
6) Sorry, we prefer to employ someone who is still single and doesn’t have family burden cos we need him to work late and travel often.
7) The job is more suitable for a female applicant to take up or the other way round. Do you get to see a lot female warehouse manager or male cosmetic salesman?
We prefer to hire someone below 40 years old. We want young ones & not you old uncle or old auntie. So what you have dip/deg. So what you have experience and knowledge.
9) The employer want to hire you and willing to train you & send you for courses but you must sign a bond with them. If you resign then you must pay compensation. Some companies use this tactics to make employees slog, curb high turnover rate and also to earn money.
10) Some supervisors, senior executives, managers or directors prefer someone who knows bootlicking. Do you know how and can you do it?
11) Sorry, we want someone who is young & single with degree but has enough experience & knowledge and very cheap. He/she must do things fast, work very hard, don’t mind work late and can travel oftenly. If we need him/her to come back during the weekends and PH, he/she must come come. He/she must also knows bootlicking. Are you the one?
12) Why don’t I hire that diploma guy instead of that degree guy? I can pay less and his diploma also won’t pose a threat to my position too.
13) The HR manager, operation manager, accountant or boss don’t like your face. Perhaps they find that you don’t look bright enough for the job or maybe too bright and they afraid you might be hard to control. Who knows you might challenge them and argue with them oneday.
14) Aiya, Singaporeans won’t take up this type of job lah. Surely resign after one or two days. Lets hire a foreigner. It’s cheap and good.
15) Others………..too many various reasons, cannot finish lah.
This article appeared as a comment hereNumber of View: 1814