Support Site for The Unemployed & Underemployed
Wednesday January 16th 2019

Personalised Employment Pass (PEP) Holders Can Hold Multiple Jobs!

The government has recently announced the new Personalised Employment Pass (PEP) which allows foreign talents to stay here for a good five years in the hope that they will convert into citizens.  They need to be former EP pass holders and have to earn  an annual income of $34,000 a year to qualify and stay in the scheme. One wonders what kind of  third-world new citizens we will have in our country if they only take home less than $3000 a month.

Below is a transcript of postings on Singapore Expat forum from readers talking about the PEP scheme:-


Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:37 pm    Post subject: PEP can hold multiple jobs…did anyone realise this?


I was preparing to see what I would need for the PEP notification of annual salary today, when I noticed that PART III of the notification form stated new/additional employment. When I called MOM, they confirmed that a PEP holder can be employed by multiple companies, unlike an EP holder.

They said there were no limits on the number of companies, or working hours. However if they have a problem with it, they will send you a letter asking you to fix whatever they see as a problem.

I have not seen this discussed here previously so I thought I would bring it up and see if others were aware of this perk, and if so, what types of outside jobs they have held.

For me it means I might consider lecturing one evening a week at a private school sometime.

Just thought I would see what others have done.




Posted: Tue May 01, 2012 10:35 pm    Post subject: PEP Additional Employement

One of my friend who is on PEP doing the additional employment as well.

I want to ask being on PEP if his first job makes $20,000 and second job makes $15,000. does it fulfill the condition below or on one employment  is need to be $34,000?

PEP holders must earn an annual fixed salary of at least $34,000 for each calendar year of the PEP.

Looking forward for quick response



Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:17 am    Post subject: Backstop to PEP 6 mo. Jobless Period (LTVP? Other?)

Hello, I’m new to the forum’s here. I am in early 30s working in a front office corporate finance role at a major us bank.

For personal and professional reasons – wife (non PR/SC) wanting to be closer to parents who are PRs and professional reasons – we are considering moving to Singapore. So, I applied for a PEP, and am awaiting response from the government.

My concern is that the PEP only gives a 6 month window of securing a job. It may be some time before financial institutions are hiring and can absorb the capacity that has already been let go.

I read about the “financial” LTVP scheme whereby an individual qualifies by assets and a home. I could potentially meet all of the above criteria, if I were to invest in a home in SGP, except for age! Is anyone aware of any instances where the pass was granted to someone below the age threshold, but met all others?

What other alternatives are there to backstop the 6 month interim time limit for securing a job? I would hate to have to leave after just getting the family settled down in the event nothing pans out in that amount of time.


Singapore Personalised Employment Pass (PEP) Scheme

Personalised Employment Pass (PEP) is a special type of employment pass that is not linked a specific employer. PEP is targeted for highly qualified individuals who wish to work and live in Singapore. It’s not meant for business owners who wish to operate their own business in Singapore. This guide provides detailed information about PEP including eligibility requirements, application procedure, documents required, and other related information.

  • PEP pass holders are not allowed to start their own business in Singapore i.e they can not be the shareholders of the company. Such individuals must apply for Employment Pass instead.
  • PEP holder can be a salary-drawing director of the company.
  • The eligibility requirements for PEP are more stringent than the Employment Pass. See eligibility section below for more details.
  • The main advantage of PEP is that a PEP holder can switch jobs without re-applying for a visa as long as the holder is not unemployed for longer than six months. During those six months, the PEP holder can stay in Singapore without having to apply for any other type of stay visas.


The following individuals are eligible to apply for a personalised employment pass:

  • Current EP holders – If you are on a P1, P2 or Q1 Pass, you can apply for a PEP. However, P2 Pass holders must have held their status for at least two years while Q1 Pass holders must have been working for at least five years. P1 holders can apply for PEP anytime. You should have been earning a basic salary of at least S$34,000 per annum during the previous year.
  • Former P1 holders – If you used to work in Singapore as a P1 Pass holder but are now residing overseas, you can also apply for a PEP. But you should not have been unemployed for a continuous period of longer than six months at the time of application.
  • Overseas professionals – If your last drawn fixed monthly salary was the equivalent to at least S$8,000, you can apply for a PEP.
  • Singapore graduates – those who have graduated from Singapore institutes of higher learning can also apply for a PEP. The MOM is flexible on eligibility in these cases, based on the merits of the applicant.

Documents needed

The MOM does not indicate the need for specific documents, however, you will need to furnish the following the information when you fill out Form 8.

  • Details of your passport
  • Name and address of employer
  • Job and salary details
  • Local contact details
  • Details of dependant pass holders, if applicable.
  • Details of long-term social visit pass holders, if applicable.

If you currently don’t hold a Singapore employment pass, it’s likely that MOM authorities will ask for additional details once the personalised employment pass application has been filed. Therefore, as a good practice and in order to preempt delays caused by such procedure, it’s best to attach the following documents when submitting the PEP application:

  • Copy of your passport
  • Appointment letter from the current employer
  • Last three months salary slips
  • Copied of higher education certificates
  • Copy of your resume

Processing time

The processing time for PEP applications is about 2-3 weeks. Once your PEP application is approved, you will be sent an In-Principle Approval (IPA) letter. This is valid for three months and you should collect your pass within this period from the MOM office in Singapore as listed in the letter. You will also need to bring any other documents as requested in the letter such as medical tests report, originals, etc. Once issued, your personalized employment pass will be valid for five years.

During the validity period

You are required to keep authorities up-to-date with the following information:

  • Employment – You may not need to re-apply for a visa when you change employer but you still need to inform the MOM’s Work Pass Division if you find a new job or you become unemployed. You can do this with the Notification Form for PEP Holders and mail it within seven days of your change in status. Your employer or previous employer is also required to inform authorities with the Notification Form for Employers.
  • Local contact – You should inform authorites of any changes to your local contact, using the Notification Form.
  • Salary – You should declare your annual salary at the end of each calendar year, within 30 days of the end of the year. Again, you can use the Notification Form.
  • Travel documents – If you have changed your travel document, you should have your PEP endorsement transferred to your new passport. You should submit your disembarkation/embarkation card (Green card), as well as your old and new passports to the authorities.
  • PEP card replacement – if you lose your PEP card, you should apply for a replacement one. You need to submit your passport and police report card in order to receive a new card.
  • Address – if you change your address, you should complete the Notification of Change in Address Residential Address Form.


Unlike other employment passes, the PEP cannot be renewed after the five years is up. After five years, you could continue working and living in Singapore with an Employment Pass or apply for Singapore permanent residence. You can also cancel your PEP at any time. But once canceled, you will not be able to apply for a new PEP.

Number of View: 7962

Reader Feedback

11 Responses to “Personalised Employment Pass (PEP) Holders Can Hold Multiple Jobs!”

  1. joe says:

    This PEP policy by the government is outrageous, they have been treated like Permanent Residents. Why not ask those PEP holders to serve National Service first before competing jobs with singaporeans?

    Please VOTE THE PAP OUT by 2016

  2. Chin Tu lan says:

    disgusting!if this not vote buying corruption what is?besterd no sense of shame.

  3. satish says:


    All PEP holders can apply for Dependant’s Pass and/or Long-Term Visit Pass for immediate family members.

    Dependant’s Pass for PEP Holders
    A P Pass holder can apply for Dependant’s Pass for his/her:

    Unmarried children under 21 years of age
    If you are an Employment Pass or an EntrePass holder, your spouse is eligible to work in Singapore as a Dependant Pass holder. However, your prospective employer is required to apply for a Letter of Consent (LOC) with Ministry of Manpower. (Note: Not eligible for S Pass holders)

    Long-Term Visit Pass
    A P Pass holder can also apply for Long-Term Visit Pass for their:

    Common-law spouse
    Unmarried children above 21 years of age
    Handicapped children

  4. satish says:

    Try Rikvin free online Personalised employment pass assessment tool, which help you determine your chances of securing an PEP. Good luck

  5. satish says:


    Use our online tool to give you an idea if you might qualify for a Personalised Employment Pass.

    good luck

  6. Richard Martin says:

    Do you deal with PR applicants?

  7. John says:

    Interesting pep information

  8. AVR says:


    I came to Singapore on 9-Oct-12 on P1 PASS. Shall I apply for PEP after getting 1st payslip?

    Should I provide any documents from employer for PEP process.
    Please advise.


  9. Rajiv says:

    Hi yes please apply if salary meets norms also since you just came in also submit your contract with isubmit to support.
    I applied 1 week after coming and got approved from P1 to PEP please do it on your own dont waste time to go thru consultants my advice.


  10. Jovina says:

    This is nice to see, you can have a multiple job so it can have more salary and income. But its terrible and unfair for the people that trying to be a Permanent Resident.

Leave a Reply