I will be organising a Hong Lim Park event on 4 Jun (Sat) at 5 pm for displaced PMETs affecting by our re employment policies here.
This event will be held under the umbrella of Transitioning.Org and is not affiliated with any political party.
Many of us know that the government has allowed in too many foreigners during the past few years replacing many local Singaporeans in the process.
Thousands of Singaporeans are affected and many became under employed as they take on any secondary work just to survive. Some also stay jobless for many months and years.
The event hopes to bring to attention the following matters:-
1. Employment Passes and S Passes need to be further tightened up so that middle-classed jobless PMETs have a better chance at re employment opportunities
2. Re-examining the sole usage of retraining to tackle the main problem of unemployment.
3. Implementation of a hybrid plan to bring in minimum wage for low-salaried Singaporean workers.
4. Re examining the tripatite trade union structure here which tends to favour the employers.
5. Consideration of a Employ Singaporean First mentality among the employers with proper legislation processes in place.
The event will likely involve a few speakers of fifteen minutes each at Hong Lim Park and should end by 6.30pm.
The event details will be disseminated via online social media and the press for publicity purposes.
If you are currently employed do come out also and support those who are not as when we stay united, we can do much together.
If you are currently jobless or under employed, do participate in the event so that your voice will be heard as one.
See you this Saturday!