Just want to hear your input/comment regarding the following job application. I’m more than willing to work for such a job if given the opportunity:-
Executive Officer (Car Parks) with URA
Your main duties include:-
- Supervise a pool of admin staff
- Schedule field operations and plan duty rosters
- Analyse and compile operation and admin reports
- Maintain and operate a fleet of 5 vehicles
- Handle enquiries, requests, and feedback on car park related matters
- Conduct field patrols and audits at car parks
- A polytechnic diploma
- Good working attitude
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficient at handling computer related works and use of Microsoft Office
- Possess Class 3 driving licence
I met ALL of their requirements but was not even granted an interview and received a straight rejection!!
1. Am I over qualified – perception that I won’t stay long in this job and just want to get in for temporary shelter…..etc?
2. Better still…now latest Singapore retirement age pushes to 68 years old. Can’t even get a decent job at forties….talk about retirement at 68 for true blue Singaporeans?!
Sad, sad, sad……….
Stanley (not his real name)
Please refer to your applications with the Urban Redevelopment Authority.
Our Selection Panel has considered your application and regret that we currently have no suitable position for you.
We thank you for your keen interest in URA and we wish you the very best in your future endeavours.
< User Name >
Human Resource Department
Urban Redevelopment Authority
A Brief Note About Stanley
Stanley is an IT professional with 15 years of regional experience in IT service delivery in banking sector. After working 10 years with a US bank, he was laid off in 2007 due to internal restructuring.
About one month later, he managed to land a job (contract) as a Business Analyst with a local bank. When the contract ended, he was jobless again for few months before securing a job as IT Risk Mgr with another bank in Feb 2008.
He left the bank in Jul 2009 to be a full-time care-giver for someone at home who had a cancer relapse.
He started actively job searching in Feb this year but so far has been firing blanks. Though his forte is in financial IT, he is open to other career options.
Stanley has a second upper honours degree in business information technology from a top UK university. He is willing to scale down his expectations to get back to the workforce again.
Employers keen to interview Stanley for any job opening can email me for his resume – GilbertNumber of View: 1001