Saturday November 1st 2014

Unemployed Man Commits Suicide

http://hubpages.com - 20 July 2010

It is official, the US Senate Republican Party has blood on its hands! Last week, a Michigan father of three committed suicide by shooting himself when he could no longer handle the pressures of having no money to feed and care for his family. He was losing everything he had worked so hard to accumulate. He became despondent when his sole source of income, his megar unemployment checks, were cut off when congress failed to pass the unemployment extension bill. With no chance of finding a new job, he had lost all hope. This man had worked 32 years at the same company when he became unemployed in 2009. An excerpt from his suicide letter reads ,” I am sorry, I have now lost every ounce of pride I ever had. You will be better off without me.” A Memorial Service was held on Saturday July,17th 2010. He had collected Unemployment Compensation for less than a year. His employer had paid into unemployment for him for 32 years, yet he could only collect benefits for less than a year, how can that be? Michigan has one of the highest rates of unemployment in the United States. The seasonally adjusted rate was 13.2 % in June 2010.

The Republican Party opted to fillibuster and not pass legislation that would have extended unemployment benefits for 2.2 million Americans. They fillibusterd until it was time to go on Vacation. The same scinerio occured in May when they recessed after fillibustering and again went on vacation and left the bill in limbo.

What a shame when we can bailout big business, and forget the average working class American! Shame on all who have delayed the passage of the Unempoyment Extension Bill!

PS: If you harbour suicidal thoughts over your unemployment, do email me at gilbert@transitioning.org or goh_gilbert@yahoo.com. We can arrange a voluntary counsellor or career coach to talk to you. All our services are free of charge – Gilbert

74 Responses to “Unemployed Man Commits Suicide”

1. We promote your business with good advertising and SEO campaigns! Contact us: admin@adtron.net (www.adtron.net)

2. hi!,I love your writing so so much! proportion we communicate extra approximately your article on AOL? I need a specialist on this house to solve my problem. May be that is you! Taking a look forward to look you.

3. Vrei sa inveti rapid sa joci poker? Te enerveaza atunci cand esti in avantaj si pierzi? Intra acum pe http://www.lectiidepoker.com pentru a deveni un profesionist in Poker!

4. Thanks for your article. I have always noticed that the majority of people are wanting to lose weight as they wish to show up slim plus attractive. On the other hand, they do not constantly realize that there are additional benefits so that you can losing weight also. Doctors declare that over weight people experience a variety of conditions that can be perfectely attributed to their own excess weight. Fortunately that people who are overweight along with suffering from various diseases can help to eliminate the severity of their illnesses through losing weight. It’s possible to see a slow but notable improvement in health whenever even a bit of a amount of losing weight is realized.

5. Joe Ramach says:

Thanks for your publish. My spouse and i have constantly observed that many people are desperate to lose weight since they wish to appear slim as well as attractive. On the other hand, they do not continually realize that there are additional benefits for losing weight as well. Doctors state that overweight people have problems with a variety of health conditions that can be directly attributed to their excess weight. The great thing is that people who are overweight in addition to suffering from a variety of diseases can help to eliminate the severity of their own illnesses simply by losing weight. You’ll be able to see a progressive but noted improvement in health as soon as even a minor amount of losing weight is reached.

6. Verbs says:

Nice Article and Nice site! Congrats.

7. composed by sbsbsb0416 Undeniably believe that which you said. Your favorite reason appeared to be on the web the simplest thing to be aware of. I say to you, I certainly get annoyed while people consider worries that they just don’t know about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top and defined out the whole thing without having side-effects , people can take a signal. Will likely be back to get more. Thanks

8. mIKE says:

Influx of foreigners have affected the livelihood of singaporeans. In Dec 2011, I attended an inteview for an engineer position. My asking for only for S$2,800. I was told by the interview that the company only pay S$1,800. That’s what they pay their foreigner workers engineers. Having send out at least 350 applications, I am still unemployed. Foreign unskilled workers are paid $600 – $750. Of course it is natural to hire these cheap labour while singaporeans go pick card board and do basking at mrt stations.

9. mIKE says:

PAP ministers and the civil service does not realize how much damage they have done to singaporeans. I sat in the mrt train one day and decided to do some counting. Infront of me were some china nationals. Seated to my left and right are indian and filipino nationals. Standing in the aisle & dooway are filipino woman chatting happily with their chirpy and loud voices. I am lost in a sea of foreigners. I could hardly recognize any singaporeans in the train. Who am I? I am a foreigner in my own country and I feel uncomfortable taking mrts trains and buses.

10. You are really a good webmaster. The web site loading speed is incredible. It seems that you are doing any distinctive trick. Also, The contents are masterwork. you have performed a wonderful process in this subject!

11. Excellent content.Excellent niche.Get online income every month from online

12. goldleaf boy says:

good idea living online making money but its very difficult.

13. Hi Admin, People always look for unique information, Thanks for sharing such an excellent information.

14. hey there and thanks in your information ? I’ve definitely picked up something new from proper here. I did then again experience several technical issues using this web site, as I skilled to reload the website many occasions previous to I could get it to load correctly. I were wondering in case your hosting is OK? No longer that I’m complaining, however sluggish loading cases times will sometimes have an effect on your placement in google and could injury your quality ranking if advertising and marketing with Adwords. Well I am adding this RSS to my email and could glance out for a lot extra of your respective fascinating content. Make sure you replace this once more soon..

15. Fred says:

I visited several websites however the audio feature for audio songs existing
    at this website is really marvelous.

16. a says:

Yes I do believe the PAP minsters are the ones who screwed up and not the foreigners. Foreigners provide taxes, some of them even create businesses here and spend a lot here. However, the influx speed is the real problem, causing an imbalance against locals. Also, the business climate ALLOWS businesses to underpay foreigners. THATS WHY WE SINGAPOREANS ARE NOT HIRED…. We should really FIGHT FOR A MINIMUM WAGE because if they take away the rights of the foreigners they take away our competing rights too.

17. Zen says:

You are bringing US politics here. You sound like an Obama spokesman.

18. Suzanne says:

This is sad! I hope people like this or those who are being terminated or unemployed should be given assistance in terms of emotional support for them to be hopeful and remain strong.

19. We are a group of volunteers and starting a brand new scheme
    in our community. Your website offered us with helpful information to work on.
    You have done a formidable task and our whole group will probably be grateful to you.

20. For some mothers, getting labor started by 42 weeks of pregnancy is their biggest challenge. Others have the contrary struggle of trying apt discourage their babies from being born likewise early. While complications can happen with babies who arrive two weeks alternatively more late, the risks from preterm birth are constantly more serious and can have long-term consequences as the baby’s health.What do we know almost preterm labor? Are there risk factors that will make it more feasible as you